So it’s been a good month for books. If I thought I could stick to a book buying ban, I would put myself on one; but I know it won’t (mainly because I have tried), so maybe I will stick to trying to get around to reading the books that I already own. Because, ya know, I have only had them for forever.
So, as to this month. I kind of went crazy. Again. I got around 16 books this month. Which sounds ridiculous, I know, but between Triftbooks.com, Amazon, and Book Depository, I have gotten some really good deals.
- The Queen of the Tearling by Erika Johansen (look for a review soon, as I just finished it)
- *Theodosia and the Serpents of Chaos by R.L. LaFevers (I LOVE this series so much!)
- *Theodosia and the Staff of Osiris by R.L. LaFevers
- *Fire by Kristin Cashore
- Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore
- Mr. Penumbra’s 24-Hour Bookstore by Robin Sloan
- The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken (currently reading)
- Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover (review here)
- Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins (review here)
- Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins (review here)
- Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins (review here)
- 1Q84 by Haruki
- The Scorpio Races by Maggie Steifvater
- The Dragon Keeper (Rain Wild Chronicles #1) by Robin Hobb
- Mirage by Clive Cussler
- The Queen’s Readers: A Collection of Essays on the Words and Worlds of Tamora Pierce by Amanda Diehl and Holly Vaughn
*I’ve read before
A good portion of these were ones I heard about through Tumblr and just had to get because they looked so good. The rest were ones to finish off a series.
I think my checkbook would appreciate if I did not buy any books in September. We will see at the end of the month if I manage not to buy too many books. It has been a good month for reading, though. I think I read around 20 books this month, which I am quite proud of, to be honest.